[FW1] FW1 with NAV for Firewalls

Trying to get FW1 (4.1 SP2) to work with Symantec's Norton AntiVirus for
Firewalls v1.5 to scrub SMTP traffic. Each and every time we turn on our
rule, the NAV server starts processing messages. Everything works fine but
occasionally we'll get messages on the NAV side stating "error receiving
data from client" and on the FW1 we're getting a log entry stating "error
contacting security host". Usually one message will trigger this error and
the message will stay queued on the FW1 indefinitely while new messages are
processed and moved along without incident. Then, a different message will
cause the error and now we have two messages stuck in the queue. This keeps
happening until there are literally hundreds or even thousands of messages
queued on the FW1. Ultimately the NAV box stops processing messages and all
message are queued.

We've tried three different WinNT NAV boxes (all running NT 4.0 SP6a with
the latest HotFixes), tried the NT NAV box on different network equipment,
and we just upgraded our FW1 to the latest and greatest version all with no
luck whatsoever. We've now exhausted all of our options and I am turning to
this group for help.

Like I said, with the rule turned activated on the FW1, mail gets processed
and usually will process anywhere between 5,000 and 10,000 SMTP messages
before the NAV box croaks. I would say that about 1 message in 50 gets stuck
in the queue and will not get delivered unless we edit the header and set
disinfect to "none" and av server to 0.0.0.0.

Any suggestions?

				--Steve