From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2000 8:27 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [FW1] WWW error

Hi

I have started to get errors in browser (IE5) from a couple of sites in the
past few days.

Error

FW-1 at firewall_name: Failed to connect to the WWW server.

(firewall_name was the host name of our firewall)

Now - I don't know if we have been really lucky not to have come across any
downed web sites since the firewall was installed ;-) but I can't recall
seeing this error until a few days ago - only on a couple of web sites.

So - I'm not sure if the fw is playing up (no log errors/rejects/drops) or
if the sites really are down and the error is 'normal'.

Only changes recently were addition of Any-Any-http(with mp3, ra
etc...resource)-Reject-Long rule before general http rule.

Any ideas ?

Regards

Tim Higgins
European Data Network Manager