Re: [FW1] Linux and ethernet card problem?

Lasse,
I've been running Linux with 3COM cards for a while.
>From what I've read and from my experience I would recommend looking
into other alternatives.
Especially as you are using them in a firewall.

For your info, Nokia box is using Znyx multiport cards based on the DEC
Tulip chip (of course compact PCI)
They had a good prestige and I would say that it is worth to have a look
at they web site (www.znyx.com).
The Intel based cards are also a better alternatives than 3COM.
With kernels in the 2.2 series errors like
Tx error, status register ... are quite frequent.

Cristian