[FW-1] Hiding NAT with Proxy ARP

Hi,

I'm sure most of the guy's on this list know that it's possible to use a
differtent IP address than the Firewall-IP address for Hiding NAT:

        10.1.1.0/24
        --------------

         /-------------\                                 192.168.1.0/24
        |       FW      |-------------------------------------------------
         \-------------/
                |192.168.0.1

        -------------------
        192.168.0.0/24

This works fine on Solaris. Last week I notices that this scenario does not work any more on SecurePlatform AI ClusterXL (New Mode HA Broadcast).

Started some debugs and found out that the active machine does not answer
the arp-requests for the address 10.1.1.2. Double checked the arp entry on
the machine (created with arp -s 10.1.1.2 <HW-Address> pub).

After some searches through the lists I found out that a route to the
destination
is necesary to get this working.
e.g. route add -host 10.1.1.2 gw <destination>

Hmm...

How to set this route in the network-topo shown above? There is no clear
destination...

I've tried to set an interface-route: route add -host 10.1.1.2 dev eth0
This seems to work but I'm sure this is not the official solution for this.

Has anyone this kind of config up and running? Thanks for any hints.

Greetz,
Markus

--
Markus Hofbauer, IT-Service / Security
Bacher Systems EDV GmbH, Wienerbergstr. 11B, A-1101 Wien, Austria