[FW-1]

Fellow gurus,

I keep running into the following situation on an almost daily basis
(sometimes several times a day).  I'm running my Check Point Next Generation
Management Module on a Sun Ultra 10 (still Solaris 7), with the GUI on a
Windows 2000 box.  When I first bring up the System Status GUI, my firewall
modules almost immediately show "Connected" and "OK", but the Management
Module first show "Disconnected" for the management host and "Unknown" for
Management and the SVN Foundation, then "Untrusted" for all three, and
finally "Connected" and "OK".  This is puzzling considering that if I was
disconnected from the management module, the GUI would not even connect.
BTW, the Management Module connection will suddenly switch from
"Connected/OK/OK" to "Untrusted" for all, and sometimes all the way to
"Disconnected" and then fix itself on its own, but I can ping the management
box the whole time, and it is still receiving logs from the firewall
modules.  Has anyone else run across a similar occurrence, and can it be
fixed?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Daniel R. (Dan) Dunn, EE, CISSP, CCSA/CCSE
Firewall Administrator
Office of the Under Secretary of Defense - Acquisition, Technology &
Logistics (OUSD(AT&L))
Principal Information Assurance Engineer, AT&T Government Solutions

p:, ext 500
f:The opinions expressed by the author are entirely his own, and do not
reflect those of AT&T Government Solutions or its subsidiaries, nor do they
reflect policy, opinion, or endorsement by the US Department of Defense or
any of its agencies.