Re: [FW-1] Secure Remote NG FP2 Session drops....

Thanks mate, that really solved my problem.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1
[mailto:[email protected]]En nombre de John
Biel
Enviado el: Thursday, August 15, 2002 8:47 AM
Para: [email protected]
Asunto: Re: [FW-1] Secure Remote NG FP2 Session drops....

I'm dealing with support on this issue right now. The most likely reason
you're having this is that your firewall object has the private address
set in "general properties" rather than the external address of the
firewall. It likely happens when securemote renegotiates the phase 1
key. One fix is to change the private address to the external one.
(You can also see the problem if you put a sniffer on the outside of the
firewall. You'll see that when the renegotiation occurs, the firewall
will use it's private address as the source address instead of the
external one.) If you can't for various reasons change the private
address there is a hotfix that you can get from Checkpoint to fix the
problem. However I'm having great difficulty in getting it.... I started
attempting last Friday and still don't actually have it. Checkpoint
support is pathetic, it took 2 days just to get them to admit that they
make a fix for this problem, and now it's been another 2 days since and
I still don't actually have it yet.