Re: [FW-1] AW: [FW-1] HTTP security server woes on NG... frustration level r ising...

Hey Norbert,
        The box in question is a SunFire 280R w/ dual 900MHz UltraSPARC
III processors, 2GB of memory, dual 10K 36GB internal disks, and three
NICs.  One of the NICs plugs into (for all practical purposes) our
Internet router, and the other two plug into different internal
networks.  There is an identical box running in parallel to which
connections are load balanced across.  All of the load balancing is
handled by hardware devices and thus we aren't running HA on either
firewall, they are acting as independent servers.  There are
approximately 3000 servers and 125,000 PC's on one of the internal
networks, and about 100 servers and 1000 users on the other internal
network.  We are trying to setup inbound URL filtering to stop certain
types of HTTP requests on the ingress.
        These two boxes are fresh builds with the latest Solaris 8 patch
cluster and all of the Sun and Checkpoint recommended tweaks applied.
We aren't ready to upgrade to FP2 yet, as it still need to go through
our QA process to make sure the subtle new differences in the way it
makes NG work isn't going to break something that we're doing.
Unfortunately, that isn't an option for fixing the issue at this point.
I guess I was hoping that this was going to be an obvious clue as to
something that is wrong, and it would be an easy fix, but I suppose I
should have known better. =)
        Thanks for the info about the netso.ini file!  I'll take a look
through the User Authority PDF and see what I can turn up.  I'm
guessing, however, that this is just another one of those 'normal' error
messages that I'll receive if I don't have some feature enabled.

Thanks,
Abe

--
Abe L. Getchell