[FW-1] AW: [FW-1] HTTP security server woes on NG... frustration level r ising...

Abe,

Sometimes, the error messages being posted to the list are really hard to
verify or just only popping up under very specific conditions, and so nobody
is able to bring up a solution as fast and easy as you perhaps expect. Well,
the "bad socket/type" stuff is such a case. Probably, it's a good idea to
not only provide your Solaris and FW-1 version but also the hardware you are
running. This sometimes gives us a better chance to come up with an idea...

However, I would at least apply the latest Sun patch cluster for Solaris 8
and upgrade to Feature Pack 2, as it fixes many bugs and slightly changes
the way NG works. Take a look at the FP2 Release Notes to get an
understanding what was changed or enhanced by Check Point:
http://www.checkpoint.com/support/downloads/docs/firewall1/ng/fp2/CPSuiteNG-
FP2-RN.pdf. There are also enhancements regarding HTTP Security Server.

At least with the last part of your e-mail I may help you out. The file
/opt/CPfw1-50/conf/netso.ini has to do with the UserAuthority server in FW-1
which is used to authenticate and authorize network and web apps. The file
(which I think is an abbreviation for network sign-on) carries some
definitions for authentication properties regarding Windows domains (e.g.
equality of authentication domains).
Check out
http://www.checkpoint.com/support/downloads/docs/firewall1/ng/fp2/UserAuthor
ity.pdf for more information.