Re: [FW-1] AW: [FW-1] HTTP security server woes on NG... frustration level r ising...

>         The box in question is a SunFire 280R w/ dual 900MHz UltraSPARC
> III processors, 2GB of memory, dual 10K 36GB internal disks, and three
> NICs.  One of the NICs plugs into (for all practical purposes) our
> Internet router, and the other two plug into different internal
> networks.  There is an identical box running in parallel to which
> connections are load balanced across.  All of the load balancing is
> handled by hardware devices and thus we aren't running HA on either
> firewall, they are acting as independent servers.  There are
> approximately 3000 servers and 125,000 PC's on one of the internal
> networks, and about 100 servers and 1000 users on the other internal
> network.  We are trying to setup inbound URL filtering to stop certain
> types of HTTP requests on the ingress.
Abe,

These numbers are strike me as being far in excess of anything CheckPoint
ever had in mind when they created the security servers. Ccould you give
us an idea of how many connections you are trying to push through the
security server? Have you spoken to CheckPoint to see whether they
feel the servers can handle such high capacity?

Can you give us more information about the security server configuration?
How many processes are you starting?

-Don