[FW-1] `fw internalca` certificate creation problem

Hi all

FW-1 3DES v4.1+SP5
Solaris 2.6 on management host (plus firewall/enforcement module)
Solaris 7 (33 bit) on remaining hosts (firewall modules only)

Got a bit of a strange problem here...... The first FW unit i configured (a
while back) was a combined management and firewall enforcement unit. I ran
the `fw internalca` command to create an internal ca server, and then
certified that unit. No problem.

Now I need to create certificates for newer firewall units that use the
first host as the management host, I cannot get the command to work:

as per the CP hybrid mode PDF file:
    prompt# fwstop
    <shuts down correctly>
    prompt# fw internalca certify -o fw-2 "o=someorg, c=uk"
    failed to create certificate
    Unknown problem, rc = -278752792

or as per my CP support team recomendation:
    prompt# fwstop
    <shuts down correctly>
    prompt# fw internalca certify -o fw-2 -dn "o=someorg, c=uk"
    failed to create certificate
    Unknown problem, rc = -278752792

$FWDIR and $PATH have all the right details in them.

I am assuming that I should be running this command on the management host,
but its not working for some reason. Does anyone have any ideas?

As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

--

Steve

Steve Loughran, Network Infrastructure Manager
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (Cambridge)
Yamaha YZF1000R Thunderace
ICQ#: 12666311 (Work), 104426046 (Laptop)
Team Waste - Where do you want to go wrong today?