[FW-1] SafeNet IPSEC VPN client and Check Point VPN-1

Hello firewallers!

I installed SafeNet IPSEC VPN client SoftRemote 8.0 on
a Windows PC with a fixed public IP address and
connected successfully to a Check Point 2000 VPN-1
gateway using pre-shared secrets. I wonder if it is
possible to configure the VPN-1 gateway so that it can
accept such VPN client connections, but from a PC with
a dynamically-assigned IP address instead, just as
Check Point SecuRemote does. In an attempt to achieve
this, I created a workstation object with IP address
0.0.0.0 and its corresponding IKE preshared secret to
be used by all such client PCs, but this didn't work.
Has anybody done this successfully? is this the right
way to configure VPN-1 to accept remote connections
from any PCs? I'll appreciate any tips in this regard.

Thank you so much in advance for your help,
Orlando Goza
Network Administrator.

=====

http://health.yahoo.com