[FW-1] Removing a large (2,1 GB) fw.log file when fw logswitch fails

Title: Removing a large (2,1 GB) fw.log file when fw logswitch fails

Hello List,

I've tried using the "fw logswitch" command to clear the large fw.log file, but the fwd.log is complaining
with the following error :

fwd: log_switch: no log file !

I think the logfile is closed because of the size of the logfile 2,1 GB (solaris limit), and the error messages in
the fwd.log file :

fwd: SwOpen: can't get inode of /opt/CKPfw/log/fw.log: Value too large for defined data type

I really would like to know how to clear the fw.log file, if possible without stopping the Firewall. Some people talk
about coping /dev/null to the file, but nobody seem to know for sure. I read about patches that can be installed to
resolv the logswitch problems, but I just have to get rid of this giant logfile.

CheckPoint FW-1 version 4.0 build 4066
Solaris 2.6

Thanks in advance !

Marcel Lambrechts