Re: [FW-1] High Availability

Hi,

I would agree.....with both James and Steve.....

>The stonbeat was a pain in the a$$, and product support seemed more
>interested in deflecting blame and making excuses than working the
>problems.  I walked away with a bad taste in my mouth.

Yes......

Also, I would not suggest that anyone implement StoneBeat, moving forward due to
the
whole StoneBeat vs. CheckPoint legal issue (just resolved). CheckPoint allegedly
strong armed its resellers into not selling the StoneBeat firewall, if they sold
FW-1......

While this issue, was solved, it can't be good for the StoneBeat/CheckPoint
relationship
going further....

http://www.stonesoft.com/investors/

StoneBeat barley worked before this (and does cost loads of $$$), after this
legal tangle,
I can only imagine things will get worse......in terms of their relationship
with CheckPoint
and access to internal CheckPoint info., so they can make the solution work....

Nokia, does work on a networking level.......but yeah its not Load Balancing,
just HA,
simple and it works as HA......

Have not tried the Rainfinity solution, many says its nice.......aswell.

There is the old BGP, failover hack.....you use four Cisco's, 2 in front, and
2 behind, running BGP, one behind and up front run BGP, if path dies, fails
over to other upfront and behind pair....quite messy...gives the same as Nokia
VRRP, no failover-just HA, Nokia VRRP much better...................

And many also like the RadWare solution, also never tried.....

-Bye

Joe McGean

Technical Security Architect
Allianz, Ireland
www.allianz.ie

James Schnack <[email protected]> on 12/04/2002 14:04:00

Please respond to Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1
      <[email protected]>