Re: [FW-1] Help - malicious email

Hi,

I have found similar problems, however if you are using somethig other
than Outlook you can look at the full header information for the Email
and trace the source IP of the sender of the Email. I then contacted the
administrator of that IP domain and forwarded the Email. This was only
possible as the user switched to Netscape in order to retreive the Email
from the server.

Also if you do use Netscape to reteive the Email and forward to it to a
user using Outlook, the forwarded Email does not appear as I had to save
the Email in Netscape and send it as an attachment which Outlook could
then view. So it appears that using Outlook is great for Spammers
because it hides all the information that can be used to trace them.

You can look at a limited header information in Outlook by right
clicking the Email and selecting Options but it is unless compared to
Netscape. Outlook also strips any header information that it does have
when you forward the Email to someone else.

Regards

Russell