Re: [FW-1] Checkpoint FW1 sp5

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] Checkpoint FW1 sp5
  • From: "Joseph J. Gallo" <[email protected]>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 15:32:05 -0500
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Switch logs frequently by using "fw logswitch [name of new log]"

You could use a cron job to automate your log backups.

Ex:

0 1 * * 6 /opt/pkg/FireWall-1*/bin/fw logswitch [name of new log]
(States Every Sunday @ 1am, switch the FW-1 log file to the new name)

After this line, you will want to rename the new log file to something
like (Date 26Mar2002-08:30), so next Sundays logswitch will not
overwrite the previous Sunday's.  This process is done by using a line
similar to :  5 1 * * 6 mv /opt/pkg/FireWall-1*/log/[name of new
log].log /var/admin/fw1/logs/`date`.log