From: Joseph J. Gallo [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: segunda-feira, 1 de Abril de 2002 21:32
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Checkpoint FW1 sp5

Switch logs frequently by using "fw logswitch [name of new log]"

You could use a cron job to automate your log backups.

Ex:

0 1 * * 6 /opt/pkg/FireWall-1*/bin/fw logswitch [name of new log]
(States Every Sunday @ 1am, switch the FW-1 log file to the new name)

After this line, you will want to rename the new log file to something
like (Date 26Mar2002-08:30), so next Sundays logswitch will not
overwrite the previous Sunday's.  This process is done by using a line
similar to :  5 1 * * 6 mv /opt/pkg/FireWall-1*/log/[name of new
log].log /var/admin/fw1/logs/`date`.log