[FW-1] FW: Linksys BEFVP41 VPN Router...can't seem to get traffic thru t he tunnel

I'm re-sending this message as it appears that it didn't make it to the
list...my apologies if some have seen it already!

> [...]
> experience with vpns has only been with the SecuRemote software.  This box
> claims that it can create an IKE tunnel with the likes of Checkpoint/Cisco
> etc.
>
> I have read through the "Site to Site VPN" chapter in Dameon D.
> Welch-Abernathy's "Essential Checkpoint Firewall-1" (which I highly
> recommend to relative newcomers like myself), and on the firewall have
> created:
>
>       Encryption domain for main fw1 firewall  (pretty much
> 10.0.0.0/255.0.0.0)
>       Encryption domain for linsys box (9.99.1.0/255.255.255.0...for test
> purposes)
>       Enabled IKE on the firewall object, with the appropriate encryption
> domain        (all done when setting up SecuRemote users...they work fine)
>               3des
>               support MD5 and SHA1 data integrity
>               preshared secrets
>               supports aggresive mode
>               support key exchange for subnets
>       Created an object for the Linkys box with its public address
>               defined as a gateway
>               appropriate encryption domain (9.99.1.0)
>               ike encryption
>                       support md5 + sha1
>                       pre-shared secrets (and put in a secret)
>                       supports aggressive mode
>
>       Created 2 rules on the firewall
>               Source                  Dest                    Service
> Action
>               ----------                      -------
> -----------           ----------
>               fw1 encrypt domain      linsys encrypt          Any
> Encrypt
>               linksys encrypt         fw1 encrypt domain      Any
> Encrypt
>
>       Edited the properties of the encryption action on both rules
>               Transform = Encryption + Data Integrity (ESP)
>               Encryption Algorithm= 3des
>               Data Integrity = SHA1
>               Allowed Peer Gateway= Any
>               use perfect forward Secrecy is checked
>

> I then went to the linksys and attempted to match parameters as much as
> possible
>
>       Local Secure Group = subnet 9.99.1.0
>       Remote Secure Group = subnet 10.0.0.0 /255.0.0.0
>       Remote Gateway (public address of firewall)
>       Encryption=3des
>       Authentication=SHA1
>       Key Management=Auto(IKE)
>       Perfect Forward Secrecy is checked
>       Preshared secret=matches fw secret
>       Key lifetime 3600 seconds (matches fw parameters)
>
> When I attempt to connect the tunnel from the linksys box it records a
> success.  I see Phase 1 and Phase 2 IKE completion on the firewall logs.
> However when I sit on a pc behind the linksys router and ping something
> within the fw1 encryption domain I receive the following error on the
> firewall:
>
>       decryption failiure: Warning: possible replay attach scheme: IKE
>
> The linksys box vpn log shows some sort of identifier error (not on my
> screen at the moment unfortunately), then the key exchange happens once

I've tried every combination of unchecking checkboxes, and have tried MD5
authentication instead of SHA1 to no effect.