Re: [FW-1] Anti-Virus Solution

We use eSafe Gateway here and it's a good product. The white paper says:

"Our Nitro Inspection technology sends file packets in parallel, allowing
the requesting client and the Content Inspector to receive the file at the
same time, thereby preventing the problems associated with proxy methods.
As soon as last packet is received by eSafe Gateway, it only holds the
packet until the Content Inspector completes inspection. Once the CI scans
and approves the file, the final packet is forwarded to the requesting
client. In the event that the file contains a content threat, eSafe Gateway
prevents that final packet from completing its journey to the requesting
client and generates one or more administrator configurable alert
messages".

That's all.

We could observe a little degradation when too many clients are browsing on
the web, but it's better than nothing to scan threat files, Java applets,
ActiveX, etc.

Regards,

Omar Pinheiro

|--------+---------------------------------------------->
|        |          Ed Davidson <[email protected]>|
|        |          Enviado Por: Mailing list for       |
|        |          discussion of Firewall-1            |
|        |          <[email protected]|
|        |          point.com>                          |
|        |                                              |
|        |                                              |
|        |          26/12/2001 12:20                    |
|        |          Responder a Mailing list for        |
|        |          discussion of Firewall-1            |
|        |                                              |
|--------+---------------------------------------------->
  >---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                             |
  |       Para:   [email protected]                                  |
  |       cc:                                                                                   |
  |       Assunto:     Re: [FW-1] Anti-Virus Solution                                           |

To set the record straight, the sales guy at eSafe is the one who told me
how this product works -- IE that it acts as a "router" or
"gateway".  You configure the server to route IP traffic, configure your
network to route through the server, and install eSafe
Gateway to run ontop of that.  The sale broshure that I have for the
product states "Without utilizing proxy or caching"  "target
market...ISPs,...ASPs,"

On a side note - www.esafe.com doesn't seem to be up at the moment.
Verified through samspade.org.