From: "Jon Vandiveer" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 25, 2001 10:25
Subject: Re: [FW-1] Anti-Virus Solution

The MX record points to whoever accepts your mail, if you are doing NAT (the
FW accepts the mail and translates to the mail server), if you are not doing
NAT the fw routes the traffic on through to the mailserver (the MX record is
tied to the PUBLIC IP of the mailserver)

If you are to use E-Safe or some other form of SMTP scanner in conjunction
with Checkpoint. The MX record points to an external IP on the outside of
the FW (you arp for it, or use a router to point the the FW's exrternal
interface); the mail comes into the FW and is spooled in the SMTP Security
Server (smtp proxy on the FW; $FWDIR\spool) you must utilize a resouce and a
CVP server in the rulebase and objects. The mail is shunted off to the CVP
server (e-safe in this case) checked, then sent back to the FW then onto the
internal mailserver (Exchange)

   {Internet}

       FW-- CVP

SMTP & LAN

Jon

Out of office replies are not accepted and will be bounced.