Re: [FW-1] VPN appliance for remote office

I am looking at this at the moment too, and the Cisco solution looks
good.

THe problem with using Nokia boxes is the licensing, although the
IP71's look ok, and don't cost a great deal.

I am looking at using a 2600 with the appropriate feature set. Anyone
have experience using these for site to site VPN?

Cheers,

Symon

-------------------
> Nokia and log manipulationHi,
>
> I would also recommend that you have a look at Nokia's IP series
appliances,
> the lower end ones are very good value for money, or the Nokia VPN
series
> products which are really great value for money and go like a dream.
>

> Bestest,
>
> nick
Durwin
> Brown
>   Sent: 23 October 2001 15:00
>   To: [email protected]
>   Subject: [FW-1] VPN appliance for remote office
>

>   Hi Folks,
>
>   I'm considering implementing a VPN as an alternative to
international ISDN
> dialup routers we currently use.
>
>   My applications are basically Windows Terminal Services (No Citrix
at the
> moment) plus LPR for printing to JetDirect type print servers.
>
>   I was thinking of using some sort of VPN appliance to handle
encryption at
> remote offices, not least because I can't load SecureClient onto a
printer
> device. Options presented to me include Intel, Lucent, GnatsBox,
Sonicwall,
> PDS and Cisco. We currently have FW4.1 (no VPN) as our central
firewall but
> I might dump it in favour of something cheaper - it seems overkill
for our
> internet usage and we have no significant in-house skills. Right now
it
> looks like the smart money is on Cisco.
>
>   Does anyone out there have experience of running these devices,
either in
> terms of the approach / configuration and/or specific hardware?
>
>   Any contributions most appreciated.
>
>   Regards,
>   Durwin Brown
>   Business Planning & IT Manager