From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2001 2:05 AM
To: firewall-1 mailing list
Subject: RE: RE: [FW1] dh key asked for the management station?

Bipin,

If it just a standard ADO call then just allow the TCP Port of the SQL
Server
through.
     - for MS SQL Server: this normally defaults to 1433 (set at
installation
time or later)
     - for Sybase I think it is 1351 by default

The connection normally only needs to be one way - from the client to the
server.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ken...

Hi all,

Does any one know what services one has to allow in the security policy of a
Checkpoint Firewall to enable an ODBC connection to a SQL server.

thanks in advance

Regards