[FW1] FW HA and load balancing

Hi all

I know this might have been ask million of times on this mailing list, but
I am still confuse. We are currently looking into this solution of having
load balancing into 2 FWs and at the same time, HA or clustering on the
FWs. How do you achieve both at the same time? From what I have read, HA
or clustering or SEP are all using fail-over machanism (primary-active and
secondary-standby). If I am right, how does load balance device can load
balance to the 2 FWs, if only 1 FW is active at 1 time?

External Network---Router---LB Switch----FwA----LB Switch----Internal
Network
					     |	   |Sync    |

FwA and FwB is in HA/Clustering mode with state synchronization.
LB switch load balanced the traffic to FwA and FwB.

Any clarification and suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

regards
Thomas