Re[2]: [FW1] unknown established tcp packet

Hello MikeCC,

M> I have been trying to get this answer for weeks.  I have run into this very
M> problem, packets being dropped that should not be dropped and the log
M> displaying the "unknown established tcp packet" error.

I ran (and am still running) into the same problem on five
completely different firewalls.

I'd like to add that "reverting to 4.0 situation" does NOT solve this
problem of "packets dropped that should not be". You just end up with
the answer beeing refused, and logged. (If you enable that in the
policy properties.)

Client connect to a server behin your firewall, connection is
established (both on the client, the server, and it the state table)
and after "a while" (around 2 minutes) the firewall will drop anything
that the server emits towards the client on that previously
established tcp session. Same happens even with timeout on 3600sec.

Anyway, I hate writing long E-mails to explain a bug in a software
that'll get unanswered by Checkpoint anyway.

Does checkpoint find this situation acceptable ?

I guess this problem will disappear with SP4, much like another
unacceptable bug report I did about Floodgate-1 4.1 SP3 crashing
twice a day on Sun E220R servers.

--
Best regards,
 Cedric                            mailto:[email protected]