RE: [FW1] unknown established tcp packet

At 09:04 AM 4/20/01 -0400, Felicetti, Stephen A. wrote:
Instead of just providing a solution of reverting back to the 4.0 version of
handling TCP connections, does anyone really know why this is happening and
whether Checkpoint plans to fix it?

I have been trying to get this answer for weeks. I have run into this very problem, packets being dropped that should not be dropped and the log displaying the "unknown established tcp packet" error. The only solution coming from Checkpoint has been to revert to the old behavior which I believe was changed in the first place to fix a potential vulnerability. When I have asked Checkpoint support "If I do this wont I open up a vulnerability?" they acknowledge it does.