Re: [FW1] Wrong Version

does your root user have a .profile ?  you probably have a .cshrc file
with $FWDIR set to the 4.0 version path and your $PATH set to $FWDIR/bin.

lesson: touch(1) a /.profile before you run the upgrade.

fix: edit the .cshrc to point $FWDIR to the correct path.
better: create /.profile and set the $FWDIR and edit the $PATH variable
from there.

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001, Bob Tehranian wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am having a bit of a problem with CP showing thr right version.  I
> have a Solaris 2.6 machine running CP 4.1, which I have upgraded from
> 4.0.  All the new information is there, but the version still shows as
> 4.0.  I ran Uinstall for the initial upgrade, and it appears that CP
> creates a new directory CPfw1-41 (like a fresh install) and it is
> linking the conf and db directories on top of the old one.

--gill  | Tatu Ylonen, SSH 1.2.12 README:  "Beware that the most effective