[FW1] FTP irregularities

Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so, what did you do about
it?  I have noticed that in order to ftp to some sites, you have to have
'Enable FTPPASV Data Connections' checked, while for other sites, it must be
unchecked.  This only seems to be a problem if the ftp client you are using
is running on a Windows platform (95/98/2000).  Ftp works regardless of how
the firewall is configured if you run a Solaris ftp client.  BTW, I'm
running CP2000 SP3 (Build 41814) on an E250 with Solaris 7.

TIA,

Dan

-
Daniel R. (Dan) Dunn, EE
Principal INFOSEC Engineer, GRC Int'l (an AT&T company)
OSD-ITD Firewall Administrator
p:, ext 500

The opinions expressed by the author are entirely his own, and do not
reflect those of AT&T, GRCI, Inc., or their subsidiaries, nor do they
reflect policy, opinion, or endorsement by the US Department of Defense or
any of its agencies.