[FW1] Connection Refused in load balancing sandwich

I just installed Alteon Load balancing switches.  I have two Sun's using
Solaris 2.6 (latest patches) and running Checkpoint 4.1 (SP3).  When I try
to publish a policy, firewall (FW2) successfully loads the policy but
Firewall (FW1) gives the error,  "connection refused" .  I can telnet into
FW1 and use fw fetch manager and it indicates that the policy   successfully
loaded.

I have initiated fw putkey sequences, with the firewall stopped,  from both
the firewalls and the manager and have checked my control.map files which
seem to be ok.

Two Questions:  Any ideas about the "connection refused error.
                        Is there a log that indicates what's happening
during the fw putkey sequence or when the firewalls and manager are talking
to each other.....other than the 		firewall logviewer.

Thanks

Ralph S. Vaughn
Network Technology Branch
Phone:Pager:Email:   [email protected]