Re: [FW1] can ping from firewall but not from internal NET

>From the internal workstation with a private ip address no static nat, I can
ping the external firewall's public int ip. But I can ping these internal
servers by their private ip address. These internal servers are publicly
accessible from outside. Outside can ping these servers by their public
addresses because of static nat.

It is just that the internal network with private ip addresses cannot ping
these servers by their public ip. I know i can work around it by using host
files and internal DNS to connect to these internal servers but I am trying
to avoid that.

My rules are as follows:

ANY    FIREWALL    ANY    DROP
Local-Lan ANY    ANY    ACCEPT

on the NAT TAB:

LOCAL-NET    LOCAL-NET ANY    =ORIG    =ORIG    =ORIG
LOCAL-NET    ANY    ANY                FIREWALL(HIDE)    =ORIG        =ORIG

Thanks