Re: [FW1] How to set external.if

I'd say that the most common problem with the "too many hosts allowed" by
customer is the lack of understanding how check point licenses.

You must keep in mind that whenever licensing Check Point for less than
unlimited, you have to tell Check Point which interface is your external
interface. This designation of the interface is telling check point, "Do not
Snoop for source addresses to include as part of my license on this
interface." But snoop every other interface for source addresses to place in
my licensed hosts file.

Also, I've found that people with licensing problems are often doing things
such as running their internal and external networks over the same switch or
hub which causes Check Point to license the internet :)

Keep in mind that Check Point licenses ip addresses not users.

Larry Pingree
Sr. Security Consultant
Email: [email protected]

SiegeWorks
Company WebSite: http://www.siegeworks.com/
Security Installation, Training and Consulting