[FW1] SNMP vulnerability

Title: SNMP vulnerability

Hey folks,

Recently our network was scanned for network vulnerabilities and we were told that the SNMP service on the firewall presents a security threat.  The service is set to manual and is not currently running on the firewall (win NT).  Do I have to disable this service?  What other configurations would I need to modify?  Anything on the actual firewall itself?

Thank You

Keyvan