RE: RE: [FW1] checkpoint licensing question on UNIX

{\rtf1\ansi\deff0{\fonttbl {\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Arial;}{\f1\fswiss\fprq2 Arial;}}
{\colortbl ;\red0\green0\blue255;}
\uc1\pard\cf1\lang1033\ulnone\f0\fs20 Hostid in the format 0xabcdefgh has the advantage of being independant of the Ethernet address of the firewall - ie no licensing issue if you redeploy the firewall or change ISPs.\par
\par
If you need to change servers, for example on a hardware failure, or even for test purposes, when setting up the firewall on a different server, before shipping it out, then the ethernet address (in format  ..xxx.xxx) is very useful.\par
\par
Adrian\par
\par
\par
\pard\li360\cf0\protect\f1\fs16 -----Original Message-----\par
\protect0\pard\protect\fi-1440\li1800\tx1440\b From:\tab\b0 LISOWSKI,WOJCIECH (HP-Poland,ex1) [SMTP:[email protected]]\par
\b Sent:\tab\b0 Monday, February 12, 2001 3:23 PM\par
\b To:\tab\b0 'Chris F'\par
\b Cc:\tab\b0 'FW maillist'\par
\b Subject:\tab\b0 RE: [FW1] checkpoint licensing question on UNIX\par
\protect0\pard\protect\li360\f0\fs20\par
\par
Hi !\par
\par
I have found information about this on chekpoint web page:\par
\par
Host ID / IP address - Enter one of the following : \par
A registered IP address of the external interface of the machine. Enter the\par
address in a dot notation (for example, 129.21.1.1). \par
For Sun workstations running SunOS 4 or Solaris 2, enter the output of the\par
'hostid' command, prefixed by '0x' (zero-X). \par
For HP workstations running HP-UX, enter the output of the 'uname -i'\par
command, prefixed by '0d' (zero-D). \par
For IBM workstations running AIX, enter the output of the 'uname -m'\par
command. \par
If you change one of the initially listed host ID's or IP addresses, a move\par
license request will be submitted. \par
\par
I have tried it and it works.\par
\par