Re: [FW1] impossible to install rules with GUI (Next hop)

Do you have the proper license for running
FW1 mgt and modules on seperate machines?

- -
Robert P. MacDonald, Network Engineer
Team Lead, e-Business Infrastructure
G o r d o n   F o o d    S e r v i c e
Voice:email: [email protected]

>>> "laurent" <[email protected]> 11/24/00 11:26:09 AM >>>
>
>I'm not using backward compatibility.
>The configuration files are from a v4.0 but actually it's installed on a
>solaris box, the FM and MC are both on the same machine, v4.1 SP1, it's
>running perfectly.
>It's when I put the config files on a separate MC that the problem is
>coming.
>Thanks for the links but I've already read the phoneboy's faqs.
>
>> Ooohhhh, the configuration files are from a v4.0. I
>> thought...errr 'assumed' (ooiiieee) that you were using
>> a v4.0 GUI.
>>
>> When you installed v4.1, did you choose backward
>> compatability? I've not done it this way, but this
>> seems the most logical.
>>
>> As for the files to backup, did you look at:
>>
>> http://www.phoneboy.com/fw1/faq/0123.html
>> or this one for info purposes:
>> http://www.phoneboy.com/fw1/faq/0196.html
>>
>> Robert

>> The problem is coming from the old configuration files.
>> When I' using a new configuration FW4.1/SP1 on this machine, there is no
>> problem.

  <big snip>