Re: [FW1] uninstall FW 4.1 SP 2

Hello,
   I got this one from the Documentation of Check Point 2000
    on the CDROM  \Docs\FireWall-1\FWRN.pdf  from page: 6~

Uninstalling VPN-1/FireWall-1
1.  Before uninstalling VPN-1/FireWall-1, stop the ELA proxy (if it is
running).
 Unix
    # cd $FWDIR/bin
    # ./elaproxyService -stop
    # ./elaproxyService -remove

NT
    Stop the ELA proxy service (from Control Panel/Services) and change its
startup state to manual.
2.  If both the VPN-1/FireWall-1 and Motif GUI packages are installed, and
the VPN-1/FireWall-1 package is removed, then the $FWDIR/bin/fwpolicy
executable file is deleted and the Motif GUI cannot be run. To prevent this
from happening, make a copy of fwpolicy before uninstalling the
VPN-1/FireWall-1 package and then copy fwpolicy back to its original
location in $FWDIR/bin. You should also create symbolic links to fwpolicy
named fwlog and fwstatus.
3. The backward compatibility feature is not uninstalled when
VPN-1/FireWall-1 is uninstalled, but must be separately uninstalled.
4.  Before uninstalling VPN-1/FireWall-1 Version Check Point 2000 on HP-UX,
ensure that you have at least 15 MB free in the /stand directory.

I know this is lacking in information, hope it can help in anyway..

Regards..

Junard