[FW1] Session authentication alert/error

I have a problem and was wondering if someone could help me out. I have a CP
4.1 NT box with a perm 50 user lic and a temp (30 day) unlimited lic.
Everything was working fine until last week or so when several users could
not access http from the internet. Upon inspection i found that the sesson
auth agent was failing to validate fw-1 user id's that had a specified
"from" and "to" network. A temporary solution seemed to be deleting the
fwd.hosts file. Everything worked for about a day and then it blew up again.
Fw-1 users that did not have a "from" or "to" net defined (ie any, any) were
unaffected and are allowed to all urls's.

My rule looks like this.
#	SRC		DST	SERVICE		Action
19	all users@any	any	http https pop-3 ftp	session auth

Session auth properties are:
Src. intersect with user DB
Dest. intersect with user DB
Contact agent at . SRC
No policy server

The alerts im getting when a user fails to connect with the session agent
is:
Rule 19 Connection to session agent failed, and
User is not in the right group

For example i have 2 users:
admin	src:	any		dst:	any
user1	src:	valid_nets	dst:	.americanexpress.com .epx.com

Could this be a licensing issue?
Why is the admin user unaffected by this?