AW: [FW1] Firewall-1 and SAP

Mike,

I'm not definitely sure what ports will be used by the last
SAProuter to communicate with local SAP nodes since I haven't
done any snooping but I have been told be SAP support that there
will be used the "normal port range".
But this is not interesting to me because I'm able to limit the
access to only one port between two locations.

We have the two following configurations and each works fine:

1st variant:
------------
The clients at location A use their local SAProuter. Traffic is
passed to another location through FW1 with the following rule:

	SRC: saprouter_from_location_A
	DST: saprouter_at_location_B
	SVC: 3299/tcp
	ACT: accept

2nd variant:
------------
In other locations with no own SAProuter it is even possible to map
the client traffic to a SAProuter at location B which is done by
the following rule:

	SRC: client(s)_from_location_A
	DST: saprouter_at_locationB
	SVC: 3299/tcp
	ACT: accept

	Configuration on the client (c:\windows\saproute.ini):
	LOC_A->LOC_B=/H/10.1.2.3/S/3299/H/10.2.3.4/S/3299/H/
	or something similar to that.
	This tells the client to use the specific port 3299 and
	allows the traffic to the next SAProuter on port 3299, too.

All clients can use the full range (printing, GUI, etc.).
Hope this explains and helps.

with kind regards,
Bernd Fritzsche - Netzwerktechnik / FIT-CN2
Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG - Gutenbergstr. 2 - D-69168 Wiesloch
POTS(Fax)+49 6222 82 2845(3440) / [email protected]