RE: [FW1] Reasons against opening I-net access..

I had sent this note while spending two hours on the phone with CP.

The result of that call was that they have a problem with PASV FTP. I'm not sure where it was introduced, but it affected out 4.1 sp2.

The KB docs had the fix in there, but the reason for the fix did not sound as though it was my problem. The fix was just to comment out the #define FTP_ENFORCE_NL in the base.def

Then I enable the PASV FTP and all FTP access via the browser worked, at least in my preliminary test.

Thanks for the replies!
    Joe
--- Begin Message ---
Title: Reasons against opening I-net access..

What are the reasons against opening all port access to the internet from my internal users?

Src             Dst      Srv
interalNet     Any    Any

Management is wanting to do this in order to solve issues where an employee tries to ftp via their browser to ftp.compaq.com and a number of other. The client gets redirected by the server to a higher port, which we don't allow them to use.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

        Joe

--- End Message ---