[FW-1] TCP sequence validator bug in FP2

Hopefully by passing this along I can save some other people a lot of time.

After about a month of Checkpoint insisting their TCP sequence validator
could not possibly be
doing anything wrong, they finally admitted that there is a bug in FP2.
Specifically, "There was
a bug in FP2 that caused sequence verifier to drop such RST replies [this
pertained to a SYN,
RST+ACK exchange] whenever SYN's sequence was bigger than 2,147,483,648.
The CR number
is CR00068810 (fixed for FP3).  There is no current hotfix for this issue
in NG FP2."

After another follow-up they added, "It is recommended that you turn off
the sequence verifier
until you upgrade to NG FP3."

Bugs happen and that doesn't bother me, but it escalated through several
levels before they
found somebody who knew about it and confirmed it.

Corey Hull
AMS
4050 Legato Road
Fairfax, VA 22033