[FW-1] NG FP3 - Some smtp traffic seems to bypass rules.

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: [FW-1] NG FP3 - Some smtp traffic seems to bypass rules.
  • From: "Campisi, Joseph" <[email protected]>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 15:00:51 -0500
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

I’m currently running Win2k sp3 with NG FP3.  I’m also running an SMTP security server.

Some emails are getting dropped by the “cleanup rule” with the error message:

agent: mail server; from <[email protected]>; to: <[email protected]>; reason: Content Security – access denied.

It seems that the SMTP security server picks up the email, but skips over the rule base.

Ex.

(any) (mail server) (smtp->spam) (drop) – I have a list of domains in the match tab to drop.

(any) (mail server) (smtp->inbound) (accept) – The rest should be accepted here.

The problem only happens to about 1% of email but they are all valid.  Some from hotmail, yahoo, mailing lists, etc. (it even happens to some of the span emails too).  And none of them have a large header size spoken about in HF-1.

Please Help!

Thanks,

Joe