[FW-1] NG on linux How to stop inspecting packets going thru a particular interface

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: [FW-1] NG on linux How to stop inspecting packets going thru a particular interface
  • From: "Kumar, Prashanth" <[email protected]>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 09:29:16 -0800
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Title: NG on linux How to stop inspecting packets going thru a particular interface

HI,
I am having a paculiar problem WE hve NG on linux with lot of
tunnel interface. This tunnel interface is similar to GRE tunnel
interface. From kernel perspective it looks  like a real interface.
I have installed NG on this box. I am seign strange problems.
I have a policy any any accept for testing.

1. I cannot ping any boxes in teh same subent as the ethernet interface
it says pakcet out ot state.

2. when I try to telnet thru the tunnel the packet get drops. I did a
fw monitor caputer. I saw syn packet going thru . syn/ack is getting
dropped by the firewall

Is there any way we can tell firewall to not inspect packets going thu
the firewall

thx
Prashanth