[FW-1] FP3 NAT and kerberos authentication

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: [FW-1] FP3 NAT and kerberos authentication
  • From: Hal Dorsman <[email protected]>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:32:25 -0700
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

I am happy to report that my FP3 install is working
fine.  Had numerous problems with getting NAT to work,
but I just deleted everything and started again and
it all worked.  Musta fat fingered something.  Now
all that is working I have a question about kerberos
auth in case someone has seen this behavior.  I am
testing a MS Terminal Server from my DMZ, and am having
trouble getting it to authenticate to my AD in my internal
net.  I have all the ldap and stuff working, but Windows
auth wants to use Kerberos which is getting dropped for
some reason.  If I set an 'any' rule from my TS to internal,
everything works, Kerberos UDP passes fine, but obviously
I don't want this.  When I add in services individually my
Kerberos gets dropped. The only type I see is UDP.  It seems
very odd that it passes with any, but gets dropped when
specifically allowed.

Something I am missing here?

Thanks,

Hal