Re: [FW-1] Cluster XL ip config

Beware that cluster xl on Solaris has problems with
security servers and other functions.
In general, the basic firewall stuff works.

1.      The addresses of the cluster members may be anything,
       but the addresses of the cluster object is routable.
       The inside and DMZ legs may be private, but the external
       address is public.

2.      The internal interface of the cluster is right for
       your network

3. School of hard hard knocks

4.      HUB or SPAN ports.  You must span router ports or
       us hubs, so both gateways see all of the traffic.

Drake, Brian wrote:
I have a fairly simple, I hope, question about the ip config of a
cluster. We are going to do load sharing.

Is the external side private
addresses with the cluster being defined as the public address?

Also do
you give the internal interfaces addresses on the internal network?

Does
anyone have any links to a good install guide or topology?

I have looked
through the NG user guide, and have not seen anything definite about
these questions.  Thanks

Greg Polanski                    mailto:[email protected]
ADC Telecommunications, IncMSFAX
PO Box 1cell/pager
Minneapolis, MN  [email protected]