Re: [FW-1] static NAT does not work on FP3

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] static NAT does not work on FP3
  • From: Security <[email protected]>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:39:59 +0100
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

Hi Thomas,

I looked, looked again, and looked looked again again, and you didn't
write that :o) (taken that first mail was sent yesterday 15:51, right?)

Just to get on the same line here, how do you make up your nat-rulebase?

Two options:
1. You are manually defining the nat rules.
2. You edit the object you want to be nat'ed, and put your settings in
the "nat tab".

The "automatic arp configuration" will only work if you choose option 2.
As far as I understood it, and experienced in testing with it, if you
configure it this way the firewall engine will manage the local.arp and
the appropriate routing for you.

Having said that, I only tested this with Windows 2000, not with NT4 so
it might have something to do with that.

Also: NG-FP3 HF1 resolves an issue with static arp. (see the release
notes)

Although I think it only solves the static arp problem there was on
Windows 2000 machines, it might address a problem like you are seeing as
well...

Bye,
Jeroen.