Re: [FW-1] NG & 4.1 VPN troubles.

[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Serge
Vondandamo

>  - Communication between the two FW is working fine and I can see key
exchange
> on both side when I push the policy.
> - When I try to telnet, http, or tracert a host behind the two
gateways,
> I can see encrypted traffic going trough (checkpoint Logviewer) but I
can't
> access any ressources, telnet failure, tracert = requested timeout,
http=
> could not find bla blabla.

> Has anyone ever seen this ? any tip? Or idea ?

Yes, make sure that you have a route back to each of your subnets.
Otherwise you will get the problems you describe. (I am assuming you're
using a cluster setup, you're mentioning two firewalls)

Try to set up a route that points your two subnets to their respective
firewalls on the server that runs your resource.

So, on a windows host it would be something like:

route add subnet_a mask <your_subnetmask> internal_ip_a
route add subnet_b mask <your_subnetmask> internal_ip_b

Also, make sure that any routers that have your cluster as next hop both
on the inside and outside is arping your cluster mac address.

Hope it helps...

--
Børge