Re: [FW-1] unknown established packets

What timeout values are we talking about?

There's tcpstarttimeout at 60 seconds. It is not uncommon for this to be too
low, we usually set it at 180 or 240.

There's the general tcp timeout at 3600 seconds (one hour), that is fine for
most protocols. There are some braindead protocols that do not send
keepalives and expect a connection to be alive after hours of idletime, you
can raise the timeout for those ports and those ports only, and b*tch at the
manufacturer of the application that behaves that way in the meantime.

Also, some connections will not be closed properly, and thus one end will
think the connection still alive and try to communicate again after, say,
more than an hour, also leading to a rule0 drop. That is a source of rule0
drops, it is normal, and not a reason to worry. I don't think you can ever
get completely rid of all rule0 drops. :)

Shawn

Please note that:

1. This e-mail may constitute privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you have received this confidential email and any attachments transmitted with it in error and you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on this information.
2. E-mails to and from the company are monitored for operational reasons and in accordance with lawful business practices.
3. The contents of this email are those of the individual and do not necessarily represent the views of the company.
4. The company does not conclude contracts by email and all negotiations are subject to contract.
5. The company accepts no responsibility once an e-mail and any attachments is sent.

http://www.activis.com