Re: [FW-1] NG FP2 and SecurID Authentification

Hi Horst,

Two things to try :-

1. Install the RSA Client onto the RSA Server and try and authenticate
locally.
   if the RSA Client does authenticate using the SecurID token then you
have a
   RSA Server/Firewall issue.
   if the RSA Client does NOT authenticate using the SecurID token then
do step 2

2. Configure a Password for a user and then authenticate locally as
above then
   test a password with the client with the Firewall cluster. If both
work then
   you have a RSA Server/Token issue, in that the Ace Server can not
calculate
   the passcode generated by the token.

The token generates a passcode which is generated from time and a secret
code embedded in the token. The Ace Server knows the secret code
embedded in the token and so can calculate the passcode generated by the
token. If by setting a password the authentication works, then the
problem could be the Ace Server has the incorrect secret codes for the
token that you have.

Try setting the token to new Pin Mode and see if you can set the PIN for
a user, you may find you can but can then not re-authenticate.

Regards

Russell