Re: [FW-1] Routing issue

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: Re: [FW-1] Routing issue
  • From: Ken Kightly <[email protected]>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:14:41 -0700
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

If you can ping this machine with the firewall rules disabled, then it is not likely a routing issue. The fact that you cannot ping the box after the firewall comes up makes me believe it is a rule issue, or a NAT translation issue. Do you have a rule to allow ping to this system from the firewall? Add a rule as a test that allows the firewall object to ping that system and see if it works. I assume you have the machine already defined as an object on the firewall.

Ken.