Re: [FW-1] web server on secure lan

I don't think it's possible.  Presume a ping, for example.  You should (I
think) get the following sequence of events.

- Ping from: Internal Address X to Public Address Z;

- Inbound (to FW) packet passes security policy, gets sent to OS for routing
decision;

- Routing tables say "packet is bound for address on external interface
(whether part of subnet or not), send it to that NIC and out the door;

- Outbound (from FW) packet passes security policy;

- NAT is performed on destination address, so now ping looks like Internal
Address X to Internal Address Y;

- Packet gets shoved out of external interface with destination of Internal
Address Y;

- Packet gets either ignored by all devices on the external subnet (if web
server public IP is on that subnet) or dropped by some
upstream-to-the-Internet router, having been shoved out of the external NIC.

I haven't done any sniffing to verify the above, but I think that's how it
would work (or, in your case, not work for your techs).