Re: [FW-1] Disk Full

> Maybe you have there the Fw log.
> Try to <fw switchlog> and then move the saved log anywhere or
> deleted it if you don't want to analyze it

>> I have my Solaris Server with FW-1 and the disk where is
>> the volume " var " it´s full 99%.
>> Somebody knows what I can erase

If you can't do a logswitch because the disk is too full, try:

  fwstop;cd $FWLOGDIR;rm *log*;cd $FWDIR/tmp;rm *pid*;fwstart

If you really can't lose the log data, then instead of "rm *log*" move it to
another file system.

Warnings... Run this:

- From the console to be safe.

- Only if you don't mind a minute or more of outage.

- Only if you don't mind losing the logfile.  If you really can't lose the
log data, then instead of "rm *log*" move it to another file system; it'll
make the downtime correspondingly longer.

- After checking first to make sure the environment vars are set properly;
or make sure you know the actual file system and directory structure so that
you can enter the correct paths.

- Personally I wouldn't do it during production hours unless I could accept
the risk that I'd have an outage as long as it takes to reboot the firewall
(worst case).

Greg S.