Von: Russell Washington [mailto:[email protected]]
Gesendet: Montag, 13. Mai 2002 16:45
An: [email protected]
Betreff: Re: [FW-1] CheckPoint 4.0 to NG

Just did one of these for a client.  The only problems encountered were:

(1) User-defined service objects kept preventing policy upload because in NG
you have to specify the protocol number for these.  Easy enough to fix, just
edit the services and specify the protocol number.  TCP = 6, UDP = 17, GRE =
47, that should cover you in most cases.

(2) Service objects that specified the same port (yeah, I know, client
shouldn't be doing that) kept preventing policy upload.  Solution is to hit
the advanced properties of one of the "duplicates" and uncheck "Match to
Any."

Note that the above problems were *not* detected during policy validation.
They just kept conking out the upload.

Have also had some post-install issues indicating that the NG database
doesn't like it when a member of a service group has its name changed. Doing
so seems to cause any rules using the group to flame out with an "invalid
object"-ish sounding message during policy validation.  I fix it each time
by removing and then re-adding an existing member of the tweaked group,
doesn't seem to matter which one.  Hopefully this issue goes away with FP2.
Don't know.