[FW-1] IKE tunnel between 4.1 sp5 and cisco pix.

  • To: [email protected]
  • Subject: [FW-1] IKE tunnel between 4.1 sp5 and cisco pix.
  • From: Jason Jernigan <[email protected]>
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 10:01:54 -0400
  • Sender: Mailing list for discussion of Firewall-1 <[email protected]>

All,

            I am trying to establish an IKE tunnel between 4.1 sp5 and a cisco pix. I have set up the rules to allow all between the pix and fw-1 and setup incoming and outgoing rules with action encrypt for the networks on each side. When I attempt to test the tunnel, I get a message in the logs saying “key install” as action  IKE log: Sent Notification no proposal chosen <phase1 stage2> Negotiation Id: “ followed by a long hex number, in the info field. Can anyone shed some light on what this message may mean? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jason Jernigan

[email protected]

Primus Telecommunications